LASER stands for Light Amplification Stimulated Emission of Radiation and is now finding numerous applications in the field of medicine. There are broad spectrums of indications for LASER treatment.
The indications for LASER surgery includes the following.
- Dermatology and Plastic Surgery: Epidermal nevi, Telangiectasias, Spider veins, Warts, Skin tags, Anal tags, Ulcers, Keloids, Scar revision and Skin resurfacing.
- ENT Surgery: ENT lesions, Cysts, Oral leukoplakia, Oral & Maxillofacial lesions, Ophthalmology, treatment of eye and orbit diseases.
- General Surgery: Surgical incision/excision, vaporization and coagulation of soft tissue, complete or partial resection of internal organs, lesions, tissue ablation and vessel coagulation in necessary.
- Pediatric Surgery: Warts, port wine stains & verrucae.
- Aesthetics: Permanent reduction of unwanted hair, skin rejuvenation, non-ablative wrinkle reduction, photocoagulation of pigmented lesions to reduce lesion size, leg veins and telangiectasias.
- Vascular Surgery: Varicose veins (with or without sapheno -femoral or sapheno -popliteal junction insufficience)
The types of LASERS include the following.
- Vascular lasers:
- 532 nm KTP (laser utilizing Potassium Titanyl Phosphate (KTP) crystal)
- 1064 nm Nd Yag (Neodynium:Yitrium Aluminium Garnet (Nd: YAG) laser)
- 585 PDL (Pulsed dye lasers)
- Ablative lasers:
- Er (erbium laser)
- CO2 (carbon dioxide laser or CO2 laser)
To know more about Affordable Laser Treatment in India, Best hospitals offering Laser Treatment in India, Top Laser Treatment Surgeons in India, World-class Laser Treatment Surgery Centers, Minimally Invasive Laser Treatment in India, Laser Treatment Cost in India, Accredited hospitals for Laser Treatment in India contact Treatment Assistance.