The Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (or the LSG) is a very successful procedure in bariatric (stomach) surgery. This surgical procedure is done by removing a majority of the stomach. The remainder of the stomach is a thin tubular pouch that resembles a banana in shape.
How does Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy work ?
This procedure works by two mechanisms. First, the new stomach pouch is smaller in size, thus holding a smaller volume of food and helps to reduce the food (or calories) that can be consumed. The greater impact of the surgery, however, is on the gut hormones that impact hunger, satiety (feeling of fullness) and blood sugar control.
What is the procedure for Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy ?
Sleeve gastrectomy is basically a surgical weight-loss procedure in which the stomach is reduced to approximately 15% of its original size, by removal of the majority of the stomach along the greater curvature. The result is a new stomach which looks like a sleeve or tube like structure.
What are the advantages of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy ?
- Stomach volume is reduced/restricts the food holding capacity of the stomach;
- Rapid and significant weight loss;
- Requires no foreign objects like a band;
- Does not bypass or re-route the food stream as in gastric bypass;
- Short hospital stay;
- Causes favorable changes in gut hormones that suppress hunger, reduce appetite, improve satiety and patient experiences decreased hunger anger and appetite.
To know more about Affordable Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Best hospitals offering Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Top Sleeve Gastrectomy Centers in India, World-class Sleeve Gastrectomy Centers, Minimally Invasive Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Sleeve Gastrectomy cost in India, Accredited hospitals for Sleeve Gastrectomy in India contact us at Treatment Assistance.