India – The Ultimate Destination for High Quality and Affordable Knee Joint Surgeries
Knee joint problems are very common nowadays. Many people suffer from knee joint pain and stiffness. The pain and stiffness in the knee joint may be as a result of severe arthritis condition in old age, prolonged abnormal posture, or repetitive motion.
Not everybody would require surgery for treating knee pain. Many people find relief with conservative treatments. But in some people the knee joint may be worn-out to a great extent and the pain and stiffness may be so severe that the conservative treatments may not give much relief. In such cases, a bone and joint specialist may recommend a total or partial knee joint replacement surgery.
A Knee joint replacement surgery is one of the most commonly performed orthopedic procedures. It is also known as knee arthroplasty. In a Knee joint replacement surgery the weight-bearing surface of the knee joint is replaced with a metal and plastic implant or prosthesis in order to consequently relieve the patient from pain and disability.
There are many people around the world who are in need of knee replacement surgery but they just keep postponing it due to one or more problems that they face in their home country. Some of such problems are high cost of knee replacement surgery, long waiting time, lack of facilities, technology and expertise in their home country. Due to these problems, many patients travel to foreign countries like India in search of high quality and affordable knee replacement surgery. Our network orthopedic hospitals in India offer a perfect solution for all these problems with their world-class infrastructure, experienced joint replacement specialists, excellent nursing care, zero waiting time and most affordable treatment packages. These hospitals have become most preferred destination for high quality and affordable knee replacement surgeries.
What happens during the surgery?
At first it would be a detailed consultation with a bone and joint specialist who will review your medical history. The specialist may ask for certain imaging tests like the X-Ray if required. If at all the specialist feels that you are a candidate for a knee replacement surgery then he/she may recommend certain medical (blood, urine, etc) investigations in order to assess your fitness for the surgery. If you are found fit for the surgery then you might be admitted in the hospital one day prior to the surgery.
In a knee joint replacement surgery you might be administered general anesthesia or you may be given spinal or epidural anesthesia. In a total knee replacement is a surgery as mentioned earlier, an affected knee joint is replaced with artificial implant or prosthesis that is made up of metal and plastic. During the surgery the end of femur or the thigh bone is removed and replaced with a metal shell. The end of the leg bone is also removed and replaced with a channeled plastic piece with a metal stem.
After the surgery, the hospital stay ranges from 3 to 5 days depending upon your health condition. You may be required to use walker or crutches for few days during the recovery period. You are also put on physiotherapy to resume movement. Complete recovery from the operation may take two to three months.
What are the Risks and Befits of a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Like any other major surgery, a knee replacement surgery entails a few risks and complications. Even though the complication rate following total knee replacement has gone down to a great extent over years, some patients may face certain complications, such as a knee joint infection, blood Clots or thrombosis or DVT in the leg veins and joint dislocation. For all these things, your doctor will discuss with you about the prevention medication and aides that would be required.
A Knee replacement surgery offers some great benefits like relief from joint pain, better mobility, rectification of deformity, improved leg strength, better quality of life and the capability to return to normal activities.
Why you should choose our network orthopedic hospitals in India for your knee replacement surgery?
There are many reasons for so many people around the world to choose our network orthopedic hospitals in India for your knee replacement surgery. Out of all such reasons the following are the most common reasons that makes our network orthopedic hospitals in India the ultimate destination for knee surgery.
1) The hospitals have world-class and patient-friendly infrastructure with national and international certifications and accreditations.
2) The hospitals have highly sophisticated and advanced technology that help in using minimally invasive and nerve preserving techniques while performing knee surgeries. These techniques help you to have faster recovery, lesser pain, lesser blood loss, lesser chances of infection and better surgery outcomes. Moreover computer assisted technology, gender specific implants and high-flex rotating knee platform are commonly used at these hospitals for better surgery outcomes.
3) The hospitals offer very affordable knee surgery packages. The cost of knee surgery at these hospitals is just a fraction of the cost that you might have to pay in countries like US, Canada or UK. Moreover you need not compromise on the quality of medical care or the implant/prosthesis used.
4) The hospitals have highly skilled knee surgeons who have a vast experience of working with some of the best hospitals across the world. Many of these surgeons are trained at some of the finest institutions in the world.
5) There is no waiting period. We book all the necessary appointments for you before your arrival in India. You need not wait for appointments or stand in queue for completing the hospital formalities.
6) You get a personalized service right from the time you get in touch with us with your first medical query to your departure from India after a successful knee surgery.
7) These hospitals offer various knee surgery options. Some of the most common procedures that would give you true value for money are:
Total Knee Replacement- Also referred to as Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA), a Total Knee Replacement (TKR) is a surgical procedure in which the worn, diseased, or damaged surfaces of a knee joint are removed and replaced with an implant or prosthesis.
Partial Knee Replacement- A partial knee replacement surgery is also called as Unicompartmental or Unicondylar Knee replacement surgery. Not every patient who is suffering with knee pain need a total knee replacement surgery. In some patients there are instances where only a small part of knee joint is damaged. In such cases a partial knee replacement becomes more suitable which can be done using minimally invasive technique rather than a total knee replacement surgery.
Simultaneous Bilateral Knee Replacement- In a simultaneous Bilateral Knee Replacement procedure, knee joints of both the legs are replaced in the same surgery. This type of surgery has benefits such as single anesthesia, shorter hospital stay and rehabilitation. Your doctor will decide whether you are fit for this surgery or not.
Revision Knee Replacement- After the first surgery, aTotal Knee Replacement surgery may have to be redone or revised after 15-20 years as the implants may get worn-out in some cases. The surgeons at our network orthopedic hospitals in India use the most advanced prosthesis and Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) for Revision Knee Replacements.
Other procedures that are routinely performed at our network hospitals.
2. Meniscus Repair
3. Lateral Release
4. Plica Excision
5. Meniscus Transplantation
6. ACL Reconstruction
7. Patellar/Quadriceps Tendon Repair
For more information on high quality and affordable knee surgery in India, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 9900 244 323.