Find out what hysterectomy surgery is all about ? Why you should travel to India for hysterectomy surgery ? How Treatment Assistance can help you at every step so that you can have a great experience traveling to India for your Hysterectomy Surgery ?
What is Hysterectomy Surgery ?
Your uterus is the main child bearing reproductive organ of your female body. And the uterus is normally what carries the foetus in pregnancy till childbirth. There are two parts of the uterus, the upper part called the body and the lower part extending into vagina called the cervix. The surgical procedure that is done for the removal of Uterus and other reproductive organs like the ovaries or the Fallopian Tubes is known as Hysterectomy. Hysterectomy Surgery is done if one or more of these problems are occurring viz fibroid, heavy bleeding, endometriosis, prolapse, cancer and uncontrolled bleeding after delivery. Hysterectomy is done through an incision in the abdomen or the vagina. There are different kinds of hysterectomy procedures.
- Partial or Supra-cervical Hysterectomy: This is removal of just the upper part of the uterus whereas the cervix is left as it is.
- Total Hysterectomy: Removal of the entire uterus and the cervix.
- Radical Hysterectomy: It involves removal of the uterus, the tissue situated on both sides of the cervix (known as parametrium), and the upper part of the vagina. This kind of hysterectomy is generally done to treat cancers.
Depending on the medical history and the reason for which the surgery is being performed, following different hysterectomy options can be used.
- Abdominal Hysterectomy: In this procedure an incision of 5-inch to 7-inch is done in the lower part of the belly.
- Vaginal Hysterectomy: In this procedure a cut in made in the vagina and is done in the lower part of the belly. Then the uterus is removed from this cut. Thereafter the cut is closed with stitches.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: For this procedure 3-4 small cuts are made in the belly and a laparoscope and other surgical instruments are inserted through the cuts. The uterus is than cut into small pieces and removed through the cuts.
When is a Hysterectomy indicated?
Surgical Removal of the uterus is indicated if you have large fibroids (these are noncancerous growths in the uterine wall), progressive endometriosis (these are noncancerous growths in the uterine lining), uterine prolapse (a fall or slippage in the position of the uterus) or uterine cancers. Hysterectomy surgery is recommended as a last treatment or surgical option to treat following conditions when conservative methods fail.
- Uterine Fibroids
- Endometrial Cancer
- Cancer of the Cervix or Cervical dysplasia
- Ovarian Cancer
- Severe and chronic uncontrollable vaginal bleeding
- Prolapse of the uterus: i.e. when the uterus slips down into the vagina.
- Adenomyosis. I.e. the tissue that lines the uterus grows inside the walls of
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Complications during childbirth, like uncontrollable bleeding
What are the differences between Open Hysterectomy & Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
Open Hysterectomy: Traditionally, abdominal hysterectomies are done by open surgery, which requires a wide incision below the navel. This procedure can be quite painful, involve heavy medications, maybe a risk of infection and significant blood loss. A long recovery phase (often upto 6 weeks) is necessary for healing. To add to that, you may have a scar left by the incision.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: While open hysterectomy is a relatively safe procedure, it may not be appropriate or necessary for all individuals or conditions. If it is done via multiple small incisions, it is called laparoscopic surgery. The potential benefits of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy over Traditional Hysterectomy include significantly lesser pain than closed hysterectomy, lesser blood loss and need for blood transfusion, less risk of infection, shorter hospital stay, quicker recovery time, smaller incisions for minimal scarring, better healing outcomes and good patient satisfaction, in some cases.
After doing a thorough evaluation, your treating doctor will decide what type of hysterectomy surgery is more suited for you.
What care do you have to take post the hysterectomy surgery?
A lot of post-operative care must be taken for two weeks after surgery. Avoid heavy physical activities for at least six weeks. Smoking is best stopped as it interferes with healing. Your treatment plan after hysterectomy surgery will be decided by your doctor upon consultation with you. If you decide to go ahead with hormone replacement therapy, it is best to do so in consultation with your medical team.
What are the risks associated with Hysterectomy Surgery?
As there are numerous risks in any kind of surgery like allergic reactions to medicines, breathing troubles, Blood clotting, Bleeding and Infection, hysterectomy surgery is also accompanied with some risks like :
- Damage to nearby organs, bladder or blood vessels
- Injury to intestines
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Early menopause if the ovaries are removed
Why you should travel to India for Hysterectomy Surgery ? How Treatment Assistance can help you at every step so that you can have a great experience traveling to India for your Hysterectomy Surgery ?
At our network accredited hospitals in India, there are highly skilled and experienced gynecologists and laparoscopic surgeons to perform hysterectomy procedure. In fact hysterectomy is one of the very common gynecological procedures routinely performed at our the network hospitals in India. The hospitals are world-class and have dedicated section and care providers for women patients. Even the technology and the infrastructure used are procured keeping in mind the needs of women patients. In simple, a women friendly environment is created in which the patient can freely talk to care givers and feel at home when at hospital.
Travel to India for Hysterectomy Surgery. Get the Treatment Assistance Advantage
- Get Free No Obligation Expert Medical Opinions from Leading Gynecologists in India
- Get Free Cost Estimates from Top Hospitals for Hysterectomy Surgery in India
- Get Treated at Most Advanced and Accredited Hospitals for Hysterectomy Surgery in India
- Get Multiple Options from our Wide Network of Hospitals across Major Cities in India
- All Gynecological Treatments are Offered at our Network Hospitals in India
- From Airport Transfers to Hotel Bookings, Get Complete Ground Assistance Services in India
For more information on traveling to India for Hysterectomy Surgery, you can write to us at email@example.com or call/Whatsapp at +91 9900 244 323 anytime. To get started, click here https://www.treatmentassistance.in/get-started/