A Knee Replacement surgery is one of the most common orthopaedic procedures that is performed at many joint replacement and orthopaedic centres worldwide. Take for instance, there are 270,000 knee replacement operation performed every year in US alone and a large number of these surgeries are performed on the people of above 60 years age group. But the problem is, there are still many people who are in need of knee replacement surgery and they just keep postponing it due to one or more reasons. Some of the most common ones of such reasons are high cost of surgery, long waiting period, lack of technology and expertise in their home country. These problems which are faced by patients make them to go in search for high quality and affordable knee replacement surgery in other countries. Our network hospitals in India offer a perfect solution for all these problems with their world-class infrastructure, experienced knee replacement specialists, excellent nursing care and affordable treatment packages.
India has become one of the leading medical tourism destinations for high quality and affordable knee replacement surgery with no waiting time.
What our network hospitals in India have to offer?
There are many things that our network hospitals have to offer to the patients, which makes them a truly global destination for knee replacement surgery. Here are the top 7 reasons why you should choose our network hospitals in India for your knee replacement surgery.
1) World-class hospitals: With its world-class infrastructure, spacious deluxe private rooms, clean and patient friendly environment, our network hospitals are truly comparable with some of the best hospitals in the world. This is evident from the fact that many of our network hospitals are ISO certified and accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International) , NABH, ACHSI etc. You can be rest assured that your care, safety and privacy would be given atmost importance.
2) Advanced Technology: Our network hospitals focus on minimally Invasive and nerve preserving techniques while performing knee surgeries. These techniques help the patient to have faster recovery, less pain, less blood loss and better surgery outcomes. Computer assisted technology, gender specific implants and High Flex Rotating knee Platform are commonly used for better surgery outcomes.
3) The Cost Advantage: You can get a knee replacement surgery in India at a fraction of the cost that you might have to pay in countries like US, Canada or UK. You get this cost advantage without compromising on quality of medical care or the implant/prosthesis used. Take for instance, a knee replacement surgery in US would make you poorer by 30000-53000 US Dollars, while the same surgery in India can be done at just 6000-7000 US Dollars at a world-class hospital with personalised care.
4) Expert Knee Replacement Specialists: Our network hospitals have Top Class Doctors with a vast experience of working with some of the best hospitals across the world. Some of them have an experience of performing more than 10000 joint replacement surgeries. They are trained at some of the finest institutions in the world.
5) No waiting Period: We assure zero waiting time at our network hospitals. We book all the necessary appointments, your private room and make all the arrangements before your arrival in India. We just want to make sure that you feel at home while you are in India. Our guest relations officers would ensure that you need not wait for appointments or stand in queue for completing the hospital formalities.
6) Personalised Service: From the time you get in touch with us with your first medical query, our team would start working on creating a wonderful and smooth medical travel experience for you. All your queries would be answered by well-trained and English-speaking executives. On the day of your arrival in India we would arrange for airport pick-up. We will assist you in VISA, air tickets, internal transfers, currency exchange, tourism etc.
7) Treatment options: Our network hospitals offer various knee surgery options. Some of the most common procedures that would give you true value for money are:
Total Knee Replacement- A Total Knee Replacement (TKR), also referred to as Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA), is a surgical procedure where worn, diseased, or damaged surfaces of a knee joint are removed and replaced with an implant or prosthesis.
Partial Knee Replacement- This is also called as Unicompartmental or Unicondylar Knee replacement surgery. Not everybody suffering with knee pain need a total knee replacement surgery. There are instances where only a small part of knee joint is damaged and a total knee replacement is not required. In such cases a partial knee replacement becomes more suitable which can be done using minimally invasive technique.
Simultaneous Bilateral Knee Replacement-A simultaneous procedure means that both knees are replaced at the same surgery and this type of surgery has benefit s such as single anaesthesia, shorter hospital stay and rehabilitation.
Revision Knee Replacement-Total Knee Replacement surgery may have to be redone or revised after 15-20 years after the first surgery as the implants may get worn-out. Our doctors use the most advanced prosthesis and Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) for Revision Knee Replacements.
Other procedures that are routinely performed at our network hospitals.
- Meniscus Repair
- Lateral Release
- Plica Excision
- Meniscus Transplantation
- ACL Reconstruction
- Patellar/Quadriceps Tendon Repair