Find out what minimally invasive spine surgery is all about ? Why you should travel to India for minimally invasive spine surgery ? How Treatment Assistance can help you at every step so that you can have a great experience traveling to India for your minimally invasive spine surgery ?
What is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
Minimally invasive spine (MIS) surgery encompasses a variety of techniques utilizing endoscopes, tubular retractors and advanced image guidance systems designed to improve the consequences of the surgery (such as blood loss, postoperative pain narcotic usage and recovery time) as well as long term functional outcomes.
What are the advantages of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
There are lower infection rates, better preservation of muscle, lesser tissue disruption, decreased blood loss and decreased narcotic usage, faster recovery time, less postoperative pain, and a faster return to work for patients who undergo MIS than open surgery. Relative to MIS, open spinal approaches often require wider surgical exposures and increased bony and muscular disruption.
What is the purpose of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
Minimally invasive techniques are now applied for a wide range of spinal procedures, and are now used for common procedures like decompression and spinal fusion routinely. Spinal Disc Decompression and Discectomy (Spinal Disc Removal) basically relieves the pressure that bone or herniated disk put on spinal nerves. Spinal fusion corrects problems of the spinal vertebrae by fusing together the painful vertebrae so that they mould into a single, solid bone. When decompression and fusion are done with a minimally invasive technique, it constitutes Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
What is the procedure for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery is performed with unique tools called tubular retractors. A minute incision is made and the tubular retractor is then inserted into the skin and soft tissues down into the spinal column. This makes a tunnel to the small area where the problematic area is in the spine.
The surgeon can then reach the spine using tiny instruments that fit through the middle of the tubular retractor. Any disk or bone that is surgically cut has to be removed through the retractor, and any devices needed for fusion like screws or rods are sent in through the retractor.
In order to see the surgery, the surgeon uses fluoroscopy and can even use a microscope. This method shows real-time x-ray images of the patient’s spine on a screen during the surgery. At the end of the surgery, the tubular retractor is retracted and the muscles come back to original position. The anesthesia most used in this procedure are general or regional type.
Many patients from all over the world come to India for various types of spine surgeries. India has become the most preferred destination for high quality and affordable spine surgery. Right from diagnosis to surgery, very advanced technology and equipment are needed to perform a successful spine surgery. Further, some of the complex spine problems need a great deal of expertise and vast experience. Keeping all these things in mind, we at Treatment Assistance have chosen some select hospitals and spine surgery specialists and have formed a wide network of hospitals and spine surgeons at various locations in India so that we can offer you best options in terms of quality and cost of spine surgery.
The spine surgeons at our network spine hospitals in India use minimally invasive and computer guided techniques in spine surgery. In a Minimally Invasive spine surgery the spine surgeons make a few small incisions unlike the open surgery where a single large incision is made. Minimally Invasive spine surgery has several important benefits for the patients.
What are the benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
- Less Scarring
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Lesser Blood loss
- Reduced postoperative pain
- Shorter recovery time
- Less chances of infection
Why you should travel to India for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ? How Treatment Assistance can help you at every step so that you can have a great experience traveling to India for your Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery ?
Facilities offered at our Network Hospitals for Spine Surgery in India
- Multi-disciplinary team of experienced spine Surgeons, Rheumatologists ,Neurologist, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
- Most advanced diagnostic facility including dynamic digital X rays ,Spiral CT scanning ,MRI and Electrophysiology.
- Latest surgical techniques for all spine problems with focus on minimal access spine surgery and micro endoscopic spine surgeries, functional spine preservation techniques and spinal arthoplasty for all ( disc diseases) as well as instrumentation.
- Fully equipped rehabilitation and physiotherapy center for non operative treatment of backache and neck pain.
- Development of newer techniques in spine surgeries and introducing latest technology.
Information, support and training on preventive measures to avoid backaches and neck pain and other spinal disorders
Some of the routinely done Spine Surgeries at our Network Hospitals for Spine surgery in India
- Endoscopic Anterior Micriforaminotomy
- Endoscopic Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy and Discectomy
- Cervical Stenosis Decompression
- Posterior cervical Arthrodesis
- Excision of Intradural extramedullary tumors
- Thoracic Micro endoscopic Disectomy
- Thoracoscopy for Adult Thoracic Scoliosis
- Uniportal Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhydrosis
- Thorascopic Fixation of Thoracic and Lumbar Fractures
- Thorascopic Excision of paraspinal Tumors
- Thoracoscopic Vertebrectomy
- Laparoscopic Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion(ALIF )
- Microsurgical Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion(ALIF )
- Total Disc Replacement
- Endoscopic Discectomy and Foraminotomy
- Endoscopic Decompression for Stenosis
- Endoscopic Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Percutaneous Fusion techniques
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Excision of Intradural Extramedullary Tumors
- Vertebroplasty / kyphoplasty
Travel to India for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. Get the Treatment Assistance Advantage
- Get Free No Obligation Expert Medical Opinions from Leading Spine Surgeons in India
- Get Free Cost Estimates from Top Hospitals for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in India
- Get Treated at Most Advanced and Accredited Hospitals for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in India
- Get Multiple Options from our Wide Network of Hospitals across Major Cities in India
- All Major Spine Surgery Treatments are Offered at our Network Hospitals in India
- From Airport Transfers to Hotel Bookings, Get Complete Ground Assistance Services in India
For more information on traveling to India for minimally invasive spine surgery, you can write to us at email@example.com or call/Whatsapp at +91 9900 244 323 anytime. To get started, click here https://www.treatmentassistance.in/get-started/