The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped organ in your neck that plays a vital role in how your body functions. It has an impact on everything from your heart rate to your energy levels. So, if there is a problem with the thyroid gland, it affects your entire body. However, thyroid problems are very common and most are treatable.
What is Thyroidectomy?
Thyroidectomy is basically surgical removal of the thyroid gland. Surgery can help treat some thyroid problems, such as hyperthyroidism or cancer. It is also sometimes used to help diagnose certain thyroid problems. Thyroid surgery is safe and typically has very good results. Before your procedure, your surgeon will talk with you about the type of thyroid surgery you will have and any risks and possible complications.
What are the types of Thyroidectomy?
- Hemithyroidectomy- This is nothing but removing part of the thyroid gland. Procedures like lobectomy (removal of a lobe of thyroid) and a hemithyroidectomy (removal of a part of thyroid) can be used to treat benign nodules. Only one section of the thyroid gland is removed. What this means is that, some thyroid tissue is left in place to continue functioning.
- Subtotal thyroidectomy- This involves removing most of the thyroid gland. This is useful to treat hyperthyroidism, multinodular goiter, or cancer.
- Total thyroidectomy- A total thyroidectomy removes the entire thyroid gland. With these procedures, there is no thyroid tissue left behind.
How to Get Started ?
If you want to travel to India for high quality and affordable cervical cancer treatment then please send the following details to us by email at email@example.com
- Name and age of the patient
- Latest medical reports
- Details of current medical condition of the patient ( in brief )
For more information on traveling to India for cervical cancer treatment, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Whatsapp at +91 9900 244 323 anytime. To get started, click here https://www.treatmentassistance.in/get-started/